If it feels like you're wearing a boulder on your head, it may be time for a new helmet. The Griffon is light, highly adjustable, and protects from knocks and pings. The Simple Fit capabilities let you remove the ear pads and liners, so you can wear it how you like. The Boa® fit system is micro-adjustsble, and you can easily tune it on the fly.
- In-mold shell fuses a lightweight polycarbonate shell with an EPS liner for comfort and a sleek profile.
- Boa 360-degree fit system allows easy, on-the-fly micro adjustments with a turn of the dial. It smoothly distributes pressure without adding bulk to your kit.
- Fidlock snap buckle opens with one (gloved) hand – spend less time fiddling, more time focusing.
- Passive ventilation channels draw fresh air in and pull moisture out the back to help keep your goggles clear.
- Removable ear pads and liners let you run a beanie under your lid.
- Liner and ear pads have a long-haired fleece surface.
- Audio accessory compatible.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).