A workhorse lid for working tricks and running laps. The Endura-shell construction stands up to seasons of use. Active ventilation gives you airflow for bootpacking, and the removable pads and liners let you tune the fit to hairstyles or toques.
- Endura-Shell construction banks of the durability of an ABS shell for seasons of use.
- Removable ear pads and liners let you run a beanie under your lid.
- Active venting dials the amount of airflow to suit activity.
- Goggle ventilation channel helps prevent fogging.
- Liner and ear pads use expedition fleece.
- Audio accessory compatible.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Removable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).
|EN 1077 B|