If big days of touring is your thing, you’ll love the lightness for climbing and the solid downhill performance in soft conditions. Should conditions firm up overnight, the light multi-layer wood core stays lively and the carbon tip stabilizer keeps chatter to a minimum. The VTA 98 is designed with enough girth to float in powder, but still be slender enough to ski with composure on windslab or hardpack. The ICE.OFF top sheet prevents snow and ice from sticking and weighing down your fun.
- ICE.OFF topsheet prevents snow from sticking.
- Tourlite wood core blends dense beech with lighter poplar and paulownia wood to create a snappy touring ski.
- VTA Superlite outline shaves weight and excess material around the tip.
- Carbon.Tip reduces chatter and improve stability at speed.
- SkinPin provides an easy and secure connection between your skis and skins.
- Moderate taper is fun to ride on- and off-piste.
- P-Tex 2100 bases blend durability and performance.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|