With enough capacity for long touring days, this airbag pack is still reasonably light. It uses a compact AVABAG with a venturi inflation system that weighs in at around 690 grams. It's rigged with ski touring features so you can carry a helmet and skis, board or snowshoes, with a front compartment for your avi gear. A 3D shaped back panel and contoured hip fins offer comfort for touring and keep weight balanced and centred when it's time to make some turns.
- Made of lightweight, abrasion resistant 100-denier nylon robic ripstop.
- Water resistant zippers keep snow out.
- Padded and shaped foam shoulder straps, hip fins and backpanel distribute the load.
- Safety locking hipbelt and accessory leg loop keep the pack in place during an avalanche.
- Large main compartment is accessed via C-shaped perimeter zipper.
- Dedicated front compartment holds your avalanche gear.
- Small top pocket has a zip and key clip.
- Lots of external carrying capacity: dual ice axe loops, helmet holder, diagonal ski carry straps and webbing to hold a snowboard or snowshoes.
- Hydration compatible (reservoir sold separately).
- AVABAG airbag and venturi inflation system has a lightweight and compact design that removes and installs quickly.
- Sealed inflation unit uses no electronics and cannot be compromised by dirt, ice or corrosion.
- Airbag uses welded seams, resistant to leaks and light compared to traditional sewn, seam-sealed designs.
- Release handle is height adjustable and ergonomically shaped so it's grab-able with gloves, and with either hand.
- Includes airbag and pack only. Refillable air cartridge available separately. Empty cartridges can be filled at approved centres such as dive shops or paintball stores.
|Main fabric||100-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Hipbelt circumference||75-145 cm|
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
|Deployment System||Compressed air|