Tough as its namesake bear, the Kodiak has a big scoop for moving lots of snow in a hurry. The blade also mounts at right angles to the shaft to make an adze that excels at tunnelling and excavating snow caves.
- Can be used as a shovel or at a 90° angle for maximum snow clearing.
- Made of hardened and anodized aluminum for lightness and durability.
- D-grip is more compact and features a rubberized grip zone.
- Oval shaft improves stiffness and makes locking the shaft in extended position easy.
- Rubberized grip zone on the shaft makes it non-slip.
- High sidewalls and pronounced centre ridge makes for a very stiff blade.
|Blade material||Tempered aluminum|
D-grips provide better comfort and control but are bulkier than T-grips which are more compact for storage in a pack.
|Blade dimensions||30 x 23cm|
Maximum usable length
The maximum usable length of the shovel when the shaft is fully extended.