MEC Stuffit Long Jacket - Women's
Why carry your bulky winter coat on fickle-weather days or weekend getaways? This water-resistant shell packs up into its own pocket for deployable protection whenever you need it.
- Lightweight Pertex Quantum recycled polyester ripstop fabric has a DWR finish for excellent water resistance.
- Adjustable hood seals out wind.
- 2 zippered front pockets keep your phone, cash and keys safe. Bonus: the left one doubles as a stuff sack for the jacket.
- Internal draw cord at the waist creates a flattering silhouette.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||50-denier recycled polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.