Ghost Kato 2 26" Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Get into cross-country riding with the nimble Kato 2. To keep it lightweight and solid, it gets an aluminum frame for responsiveness that holds up over the long haul. If you're looking to mountain goat steep climbs and power down bike lanes – no problem. A blend of Shimano Acera, Tourney and Altus SL components provide a versatile gear range to churn up rocky sections and drop smooth undulating terrain. When it comes to stopping power, Tektro hydraulic disc-brakes promise solid braking performance when joy-riding through muddy bogs or embarking on city-wide adventures.
- Ghost aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- Shortened chainstays result in a responsive and nimble ride.
- 26 inch wheels makes for the nimble ride needed to dodge squirrels.
- RST Blaze MLO with 100mm of travel, and a lock-out.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power in all weather conditions.
- 8-speed Shimano Altus SL shifters, Tourney front derailleur and Acera rear derailleur are reliable and smooth.
- Shimano Tourney triple crank offers a wide-ranging ring size for effective climbing and flat-level pace.
- Alex rims laced to Ghost hubs are smooth rolling and trail ready.
- Kenda tires provide the right balance between grip and low rolling resistance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 26 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze MLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-TY301 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Slant Six 26 x 2.1|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.