Ghost Kato 2 29" Bicycle - Unisex
Ghost Kato 2 29" Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $700.00 $700.00
- Original price $825.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
When it comes to flat-out pace, 29er wheels can't be beat. Lightweight with fast-rolling hoops, this capable XC ride sets you up for excitement. Big wheels can roll over obstacles, making the Kato 29 a specialist in rolling through flowy, rooty trails at speed. A light, solid aluminum frame promises a responsiveness over the long haul. Looking to mountain goat steep climbs and power down bike lanes? No problem. A blend of Shimano Acera, Tourney and Altus SL components provides a versatile gear range ed for different types of terrain. When it comes to stopping power, Tektro hydraulic disc-brakes promise solid braking performance when joy-riding through muddy bogs or embarking on city-wide adventures.
- Ghost aluminum frame is lightweight, ultra-strong and vibration dampening.
- 29in. wheelset rolls fast and climb over obstacles like nobody's business.
- RST Blaze MLO with 100mm of travel, and a lock-out.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide solid stopping power in all weather conditions.
- 8-speed Shimano Altus SL shifters, Tourney front derailleur and Acera rear derailleur are reliable and smooth.
- Shimano Tourney triple crank offers a wide-ranging ring size for effective climbing and flat-level pace.
- Alex rims laced to Ghost hubs are smooth rolling and trail ready.
- Kenda tires provide the right balance between grip and low rolling resistance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Ghost Kato 29 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Blaze MLO|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-TY301 42-34-24T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Slant Six 29 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.