This performance half-rope is also fully certified for use as a twin. While it might be skinny, the Photon is designed to offer the right balance between diameter and weight. Its sleekness and ability to be clipped as a half or twin, reduces rope drag on long pitches, making it an excellent choice for ice, wandering rock routes, and alpine adventures.
- Designed as a half or twin rope so must be used in pairs.
- Meets testing standards for half, and twin ropes.
- DryCore treatment on core yarns reduces yarn-on-yarn abrasion and moisture absorption, so your rope maintains its strength characteristics.
- DeltaDry dry coating is certified to the UIAA Water Repellent standard of less than 5% water absorption. It protects the rope from water absorption, which reduces weight, prevents freezing, and slows down the wear on the sheath to a noticeable degree.
- Specs shown are for use as a half rope.
- When used as a twin rope, the specs are as follows (based on tests with 2 strands): Dynamic elongation: 32.3% Static elongation: 6.5% Impact force: 8.7kN UIAA fall rating: 16
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
|Dry (UIAA certified)|
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
In controlled tests, a weight is suspended from the rope (not dropped). Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
|Halfway pattern change||No|
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.