This limited edition DVO Recluse 275 isn't shy about chomping down on steep, gnarly, North Shore-esque terrain. A head tube angle of 66 degrees makes steep, technical descents feel solid and fun. The secret to its eagerness lies in the link system that gives it compact chainstays and a shortened wheelbase. Expect efficient, smooth climbing, confident ripping and subtle arcing through corners. The DVO build isn't just about the suspension, it uses high-end components to make a reliable, performance machine. SRAM's Eagle 12-speed drivetrain uses their top of the line X01 shifter and rear-derailleur to ensure perfect shifts every time. The Magura MT Trail brakes uses 4 piston in the front and 2 piston calipers in the rear with 180mm rotors to keep things under control. The light, strong SRAM X01 crank uses its 34T chainring to power the massive 10-50T cassette.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is light, strong and sharp looking.
- Angular contact/collet bearing system with replaceable grease zerks for easy maintenance.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Boost spacing: 148x12mm at the rear and 110x15mm in the front.
- JS Tuned rear linkage offers an efficient, balanced feel while fighting or enjoying gravity.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flak guard protects the down tube from rock lift-off.
- DVO Diamond 27.5 fork provides 150mm of travel, low and high speed compression adjustments, OTT adjustment for small bump compliance as well as rebound speed adjustments.
- DVO Topaz T3 rear shock with 140mm of travel features 3-firmness setting, cooling fins, and amazing small bump compliance.
- Internal routing looks clean and keeps cables protected from impacts.
- Intense Recon carbon wheels have an internal width of 31mm and are laced to industry leader DT Swiss 350 hubs.
- Maxxis HighRoller II tires are 2.3in. wide and offers excellent grip in a wide variety of conditions.
- RockShox Reverb Stealth seat post with 150mm of travel makes transitions from climb to descent a breeze.
- 12-speed SRAM Eagle X01 drivetrain is efficient and reliable.
- SRAM X01 crank complement the massive 10-50T cassette with a 34T chainring.
- Magura MT Trail hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear, offers DH-ready power in a trail bike package.
- Saddle is a Fabric Scoop Radius Pro with cro-mo rails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Recluse SL carbon|
|Rear shock||DVO Topaz T3|
|Stem||Thomson Elite X4 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Magura MT Trail (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Magura MT Trail|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM X01 Eagle 34T|
|Hub (front)||DT Swiss 350|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|DT Swiss 350|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Rims||Intense Recon Carbon|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.3|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Pro|