Your surprise rainfall hero. This jacket is a life saver with a 2.5 layer construction that’s fully waterproof – perfect for sudden downpours that the weather channel failed to predict. It folds down to an inconspicuous size that stows away in your jersey pocket.
- Made of 2.5-layer Deluge Light fabric that's completely waterproof and moderately breathable.
- Fabric has a hint of stretch for great fit in the ride position.
- Sealed seams and waterproof front zip keep rain from sneaking in.
- Innovative "gutters" direct water away from the cuffs and off the back.
- Folds down small to fit inside your jersey pocket.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.