A mid-price derailleur with feature from Shimano® top-line components: a one-way ratcheting cam can be engaged to increase spring tension, so you can bounce down technical terrain without slapping or dropping your chain. Nice if your suspension system puts chainstays and pivots close to the derailleur.
- Aluminum body with durable stainless steel axles.
- Direct cable routing reduces the risk of snagging in tight situations.
- Sealed bearings for durability
- Shadow RD+ prevents chain slap, with an adjustable clutch to match your riding style.
- Direct mount compatible.
- When used as a 1x11 system, the maximum low cog is 46T. 42T if used as a 2x11 system. 40T if used as a 3x11 system.
- SGS model has a long pulley cage.
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
Braze-on mounting uses fittings permanently mounted to the frame. Collar mounted derailleurs secure around the seat tube with a clamp. Direct mount are fastened to the chainstay.
The maximum number of teeth difference between the smallest and largest chainrings (front derailleur) or cogs (rear derailleur).
One-way friction clutch that increases chain tension, reduces chain and cage movement, and reduces dropped chains. Releases for wheel removal.