An evolved downhill machine with Expert Build components. It blends decades of downhill knowledge and innovation from Intense and serves it on a super-controllable, always nimble carbon frame. With Fox handling the compliance, you get tunable shocks on the front and rear for responsiveness and seamless transitions off hits, big or small. With 200mm of travel up front, and 215-240mm out back, the suspension eats up hard landings, aggressive cornering, and any other wheel sucking surprises you might encounter.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame is stiff, light and stunning.
- Low standover height improves the bike's manoeuvrability.
- JS Downhill Tuned rear linkage results in fantastic descending performance.
- The slack head tube angle and long wheelbase makes this bike ready for rock gardens and steep technical descents.
- 157x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x20mm in the front boost stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Fox 40 Performance Elite with 200mm of travel is buttery smooth.
- Fox DHX2 Performance Elite coil rear shock provides a seamless damping transition, moving from small to large impacts smoothly, and can be run with 215mm or 240mm of travel.
- Both Fox shocks can be offer tunability, letting you dial in the plushness for your specific riding style.
- Shimano Zee 10-speed shifter and rear derailleur.
- 27.5in. Sun Ringle Helix rims with 29mm internal width laced to Intense Tuned hubs.
- Maxxis Minion tires are 2.5in wide.
- Shimano Zee crank with 36T chainring is paired with an 11-36T cassette.
- e*thirteen LG1 chain guide keeps your chain where it should be, and protects your chainring.
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes with 203mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Volt Sport saddle is mounted on an Intense Recon seat post.
- Renthal Fatbar with 20mm of rise and 780mm width.
- Grease zerks at pivot points, extra-large bearing diameters, and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Freeride and downhill riding|
|Frame||Intense M16 carbon|
|Fork||Fox 40 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox DHX2 Performance Elite Coil|
|Stem||Renthal Direct Mount 31.8mm|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar DH 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Guide R (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Guide R|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Zee|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Zee 36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano XT BSA|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG50 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Sun Helix TR29|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5 x 2.5|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Sport|