Snow overnight? Thick mud? Assorted muck? A fat bike lays down the law when conditions get totally unruly. The mega-wide wheelset powers through deep, sloppy conditions and the aluminum frame has a beefed-up rear triangle for added stiffness even under big touring or commuting loads. On technical trails, the RockShox Bluto fork provides 100mm travel and the SRAM gruppo offers a wide-ranging gear ratio for mountain-goating snowy climbs and hammering through the mud pit at the bottom. Hydraulic discs yield solid precise stopping power, while the aptly named Snowshoe tires float over squishy ground.
- Hydro-formed 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight and tough.
- Fork spacing is 150mm, rear frame spacing is 190mm.
- RockShox Bluto fork offers 100mm of travel in the front.
- 1x11 SRAM NX drivetrain is used for smooth shifting and reliability.
- Race Face Aeffect crank with a 28T narrow-wide ring prevents the chain from coming off.
- WTB Volt Comp saddle combines comfort and durability.
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes provide solid all-weather stopping power.
- Monster-sized Vee Avalanche tires track through deepness.
- Sealed KT hubs survive the grime and grit of winter.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||RSD 6061 aluminum|
|Stem||Race Face Aeffect|
|Seatpost||Race Face Ride|
|Handlebars||Race Face Aeffect|
|Grips/tape||Race Face Half Nelson|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Level T (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Level T|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Aeffect 28T|
|Bottom bracket||RaceFace BSA|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM NX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Vee Avalanche 26 x 4.8|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Comp|