The shape of this hybrid axe provides good clearance when pressed into service on steep snow or ice. The curved shaft helps prevent knuckle impact when swinging. The Trigrest hand platform adjusts without tools to improve the efficiency of your swing and grip. You can lower it for progress on steep sections, and raise when you want the shaft to be plungeable in soft snow.
- Aluminum shaft is made of extruded, ultra-light aluminum with a curved upper section.
- Aggressive 3.5mm pick is hot-forged chromoly steel. Curved for good penetration in ice and for solid hooking on rock.
- Interchangeable pick secures with a unique screw lock system.
- Stainless steel head has a wide oval hole for clipping a carabiner.
- Stainless steel spike with a clippable hole.
|Ideal for||Ice climbing|
|Strength||T-rated shaft + T-rated pick|
|Head type||Hammer modular|