MEC Skyway Bicycle - Unisex
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
The Skyway is back! Like all single speeds, it's a different sort of bike that rolls through the urban hullabaloo without fuss or fanciness. The steel frame is stiff, rigid and has great handling so you can navigate around potholes, roots, or squirrels that dash out between parked cars. Reliable and easy to maintain, the design uses a freewheel that makes coasting and casual rides that much more joyful. Add on some fenders and a rack and your Skyway becomes the ultimate everyday cruiser for riding in the rain or bringing your picnic basket to the beach.
- MEC chromoly frame is stiff, rigid and has great handling.
- Single speed drivetrain with freewheel is durable, reliable and easy to maintain.
- Alex rims with Kenda tires roll smoothly and softly.
- Track pedals have classic clips and straps.
- Attachments for fenders, racks or baskets convert this classic ride into a grocery transporter or picnic-mobile.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Stem||MEC AS-007 31.8mm +/- 7º|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro R317 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro RX 1.0|
|Crank + rings||LASCO ACF4046 46T|
|Bottom bracket||RPM 7420|
|Pedals||Track w/clips + strap|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Tires||Kenda K-191 700 x 25|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.