Capture immersive 360° video of your adventures. Share rides, runs, lines (or whatever you chase) with a level of detail that will make your friends and followers feel like they're right there with you. With a super-wide angle lens on both the front and back, the VIRB 360 takes it all in. It uses the magic of technology to output a smooth 4K 360° video. When played on a smartphone or tablet (something with an accelerometer and gyroscope), these videos are windows into your experience. The view moves where the screen moves, putting the viewer behind the camera, within your video. Garmin leverages their robust catalogue of tech to fill the VIRB 360 with all sorts of sensors. Each video is embedded with speed, pace, altitude, G-force, hang time, jump height and distance, lap times, and more. When paired with separate sensors like heart-rate belts or power meters (neither included) you get even more metrics you can apply to your videos. Garmin’s free VIRB Edit software lets you overlay as much, or as little of this data on your video. No one can doubt your story when you have video proof of your epicness. Photo mode allows you to take pictures while filming, giving you options like burst mode and timer. The VIRB 360 is packed with tech, giving your videos a level of immersion that will inspire goofy grins like never before.
- Automatically stitched 360° videos (up to 4k) of your adventures.
- Voice controls allow instant access to recording video, taking photos, and marking key events. There are also dedicated manual controls to start recording or taking photos.
- Internal sensors (GPS with GLONASS, compass, barometer, gyroscope, and accelerometer) record a variety of metrics, while Bluetooth and ANT+ allow use of external sensors for even more metrics, which you can then overlay on your videos.
- WiFi connection allows livestreaming over home networks, or mobile when used with the free VIRB app.
- Free Virb Edit app, available for both mobile (iOS 10.0 or later Android 5.0 or later) and desktop, allows editing, data overlay, camera control and more.
- Through the free Virb Edit software, accelerometer and gyroscope data is used to stabilize footage, giving you smooth videos without needing a gimbal.
- Dedicated photo button allows instant access to 15 megapixel 360° pictures. Pictures can even be taken while filming (in most resolutions).
- Lots of video resolution and framerate options, from 5.7K/30fps (RAW & unstitched) through to 3K/60fps (unstitched) or 4K/30fps (stitched).
- Pro mode grants access to advanced controls like exposure, white balance, ISO and more. Settings are then saved letting you switch back and forth with ease.
- 360° spatial audio comes care of the 4 high-sensitivity microphones. Meaning, how the viewer hears your video, changes with their point of view.
- Travelapse mode acts like a normal time-lapse, but instead of using a time interval it works with the onboard GPS and uses distance interval, taking a new image each time that distance is reached. Regular time-lapse functionality is also available.
- Built-in sunlight-readable display shows battery, storage, mode and connectivity status.
- 65 minutes of battery life at the max resolution, with all the sensors running.
- Rugged housing provides up to 10m waterproofing without affecting the audio quality.
- In the box: VIRB 360 action camera, lithium-ion battery, charging/data cable, tripod cradle (1/4”-20), action cradle (works with GoPro interface), tripod/handgrip, documentation.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
Interval photo mode
The interval, in seconds, at which you can set the camera to take pictures.
|Wide angle lens||201.8º|
|Included mounts||Popular industry mount adapter|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||7 x 6 x 4cm|
Maximum memory capacity
The maximum additional memory accepted by the device.
|Interface||USB and Wireless|
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|GPS image tagging||Yes|
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (removable)|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.