If the plan is to keep moving, your systems need to be stripped back to essentials. Stretchy, soft shell Simul Alpine Pants score a place on your gear list for dawn-to-dusk missions. Double-weave fabric, a gusseted crotch and articulated knees promote free movement. The OppoSet adjustable waist sits undetected under your harness or pack. If the weather breaks while you're still en route, the DWR finish sheds water and allows you to keep going without stopping to add layers.
- Breathable polyester soft shell fabric is double-woven for durability and has stretch to promote movement.
- DWR finish sheds snow and light rain.
- Patagonia OppoSet waist adjustment system sits comfortably under a hipbelt or harness.
- Gusseted crotch allows full range of motion.
- Articulated knees let you high-step or scramble with ease.
- Zippered hand pockets and thigh pocket are accessible when wearing a pack or harness.
- Narrow hem has a single cuff and tie down loops compatible with alpine boots.
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted crotch|