Helly Hansen Shelter Pants - Children
Shelter that goes anywhere. These rain pants are fully waterproof to seal out downpours and playground puddle splashes. Reflective details mean kids stay visible from all angles, all the time.
- Waterproof and breathable with durable water repellency treatment and fully taped seams.
- 2-ply fabric construction features durable nylon face fabric and breathable polyurethane backing, with quick-dry lining that's comfortable on skin.
- Elastic waist provides a comfortable fit.
- Articulated knees improve mobility.
- Reinforced seat and knee panels resist wear and tear.
- Adjustable ankle cuffs with reflective hook-and-loop tabs.
- Reflective details provide 360° visibility.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|