Helly Hansen Block It Jacket - Youths
A colour-blocked, waterproof jacket for getting through rainy days with some swagger. The hood is adjustable, removable and stowable, so it functions on trails and looks city-appropriate when you need that. The inner layer of the fabric puts wicking fibers next to your skin for a drier feel, without wet-day clamminess.
- Fully waterproof and breathable, with 2-layer Helly Tech® protection and seamed seals.
- Versatile hood adjusts for custom fit, stows into collar when not in use and can also be removed.
- Full-length zipper with internal storm flap for extra protection.
- Reflective details on hood and sleeves.
- Cinchable hem seals out drafts.
- Handwarmer pockets with zips for secure storage.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|