Helly Hansen Border Pants - Youths
Versatile pants for moving through wet undergrowth or hiking on through steady rain. You can adjust the length of the legs so they're not trailing on the ground and the waist adjustments accommodate cold-weather layers. Gusseted crotch and articulated knees provide freedom of movement. Reinforced knee panels add durability where it's most needed.
- Fully waterproof and breathable, with 2 layer Helly Tech® protection and seamed seals.
- Adjustable leg length provides a range of fit options.
- Elastic waist with zip fly, snap and hook closure for a secure and adjustable fit.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees for excellent freedom of movement.
- Reinforced knee panels provide additional durability where it's most needed.
- Elasticized bottom hem with zip and snap closures for extra adjustability.
- Reflective printed logo.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.