Form and function combined. An already-great looking watch with the addition of copper styled buttons and bezel. With the cutting edge tech of the regular version, the Special Edition is at home frontcountry and beyond. Loaded with more than 80 activity profiles, the newest Spartan is ready to push limits. An optical heartrate monitor gets information straight off your wrist, doing away with a finicky chest strap. Internal GPS provides speed and distance information, while an accelerometer translates your movement into performance enhancing data. Connecting to both standard GPS and GLONASS satellites, you get a fast and accurate signal. When paired with a compatible smartphone running the Movescount app, the Spartan’s capabilities are greatly increased. Through Movescount you can transfer completed activities, receive smart notifications, plan routes using heatmap information, and more. Heatmaps are one of the coolest features of the Spartan line. They display other Movescount user’s activities over local maps, making it easier to find the best runs, rides, trails, or swims, wherever you are. Activity tracker functionality keeps track of your steps and gives you an estimate of calories burnt throughout the day. Taking all activity into consideration when calculating recovery times and tracking progress.
- Valencell’s optical heartrate monitor provides reliable constant heartrate data, without a chest strap and works while swimming!
- Optical heartrate sensors measure changes in blood volume under the skin, and work best when worn snuggly, 1 to 3 finger-widths above your wrist bone.
- Spot check your heartrate and receive a graph of 10 minutes or 12 hours of heart data. During activity, heartrate data is collected every second.
- Movescount web interface allows customization of modes and display, as well as competition and comparison of activities with other Movescount users, letting you race against friends from all over the world.
- Movescount enables sharing your metrics with coaches and personal trainers, opening up a whole world of digital training plans and tips.
- Keeps track of your up-to-date on your personal bests by sport. As well as showing progress trends for activities like: running, cycling, swimming, and many more, seeing trends is a quick and easy way to gauge the effectiveness of your training.
- Loaded with 80 different sport modes, from running, swimming, cycling and many more, there is a sport specific mode for nearly every activity.
- FusedSpeed™ combines GPS and accelerometer data to provide a more stable running pace.
- 24/7 activity tracking provides a daily step goal and estimate of calories burnt.
- Breadcrumb style navigation tracks your route, which you can overlay in a variety of map apps. You can even download other routes from Movescount.
- Integrated antenna for outstanding signal reception from GPS and GLONASS satellites.
- Tilt compensated digital compass helps keep you headed in the right direction.
- Bluetooth Smart connects to a myriad of fitness sensors, from power meters to footpods, as well as smartphones featuring Bluetooth 4.0.
- Automatically syncs data to paired smartphones running the free Suunto Movescount app.
- Smart notifications (emails, texts, alerts and more) via Bluetooth connection to a compatible smartphone.
- Free software updates add functionality and improve performance.
- In the box: Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR Special Edition, USB cable, quick guide, warranty leaflet.