Your one-bag travel solution. The Black Hole MLC is a soft-sided suitcase with 3 carrying modes: backpack, shoulder bag and briefcase. Made of Patagonia’s bombproof Black Hole laminated polyester fabric, it'll get your goods through sardine-style luggage compartments and unpredictable in-transit weather, no problem. Opens like a book, holds 3–5 days of travel essentials and protects your 17in. laptop in a padded sleeve that can double as an organizer. And because it’s designed for maximum legal carry (MLC), it meets most airline carry-on requirements.
- Fabric is polyester laminated with TPU film and treated with a DWR finish.
- 3 carrying options: backpack style with ergonomic shoulder straps that tuck into a zippered compartment; shoulder-bag style with a comfortable shoulder strap; briefcase style with two carry handles.
- Main compartment opens like a book with a U-zip that wraps around 3 sides.
- Mesh dividers in the main compartment separate clean and dirty clothes, and compress stuff in place.
- External zippered pockets give you easy access to travel documents, wallet, phone and other essentials.
- Pass-through sleeve on the back lets you slip the MLC onto a rolling suitcase if you need more cargo space.
- Meets most carry-on size restrictions (check with your carrier for their specific rules).
|Main fabric||450-denier ripstop polyester|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.