La Sportiva Futura Rock Shoes - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Designed for futuristic, extremely technical routes, the Futura is a super-sensitive performance shoe. It translates the texture of the rock and a feel for the surface under your feet to the instinctive centre of your climbing brain. A no-edge sole design keeps your foot close to the rock for solid edging on micro-holds. Unlined synthetic uppers won't stretch and pooch out over time. Overall, the Futura feels thin, sensitive and ready to tackle vexing problems.
- Upper is synthetic with leather inserts, unlined for a glove-like fit and sensitive feel.
- Fast lacing system and hook-and-loop closures allow you to dial in a snug, precise fit.
- No-edge design offers maximum edging power right out of the box.
- Downward curved profile drives power to the toes.
- Sole is 3mm Vibram® XS Grip2.
- La Sportiva suggests downsizing 1-1.5 sizes (performance fit) or 0.5-1 sizes (comfort fit) from your street shoe size.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather and synthetic|
|Outsoles||3mm Vibram XS Grip 2|
How to measure