Ridley Fenix SL40 - Unisex
With its light, layered carbon fibre frame, the Fenix SL40 is a responsive, comfortable ride that blurs the line between race bike and endurance bike. On high-spirited KOM attempts or finishing sprints, the tapered head tube and massive pressfit BB create a direct transfer between you and the pavement. Detour onto back roads, and the Fenix's endurance roots come to the fore. When descending, the flattened chainstays and tire clearance (up to 28mm) offer a compliant ride without sacrificing race-ready stiffness. Mavic Ksyrium wheels are proven performers – durable, adventurous, responsive when you need extra punch, and they won't weigh you down on climbs. Equipped with one of the best gruppos around, it gets a workhorse 11-speed Shimano Ultegra R8000 drivetrain that balances performance and reliability. When coming in hot to technical hairpins, the Ultegra brakes produce confidence-inspiring, catch-free power and nuanced modulation.
- High-modulus carbon fibre frame with diamond-shaped top and head tubes is engineered for comfort, stiffness and performance in all conditions.
- Slightly raised head tube adds a bit of endurance comfort to an otherwise race-ready fit.
- Tapered, reinforced head tube shaves grams, aids aggressive handling and provides excellent impact protection.
- Flattened chainstays provide shock absorption for a comfortable, buzz-free ride.
- Pressfit bottom bracket aids power transfer without adding weight.
- Carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube integrates into frame for aerodynamic gains.
- Internal routing aids aerodynamics while keeping cables silky smooth.
- Carbon fibre dropouts help cut overall weight, while stainless steel inserts add protection.
- Mavic Ksyrium wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Elite tires.
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra R8000 groupset.
- Rotor 3D30 crankset is equipped with 50-34T chainrings for versatile gearing options.
- Shimano Ultegra R8000 brakes feel as good as they perform.
- Seat, seat post, stem and other components are a mix of 4ZA Cirrus and Cirrus Pro.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Ideal for||Performance and race road cycling|
|Frame||Ridley Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Fork||Fenix SL HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Cirrus 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano Ultegra R8000 (caliper rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|Crank + rings||Rotor 3D30 50-34T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite 700 x 25|
|Saddle||4ZA Cirrus Pro|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.