Beat the crowds to the viewpoint on your next day hike. With enough room to carry the 10 essentials and then some, the Tempest 20 lets you go off the grid without weighing yourself down. A ventilated back panel and harness keep the load close to your body for comfortable carrying, but let air in to cool your back. The continuous-wrap hipbelt stabilizes your load to keep you balanced on rocks, logs and ridges, and also makes this pack ideal for bike commuting or hauling groceries. Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments make it easy to go hands-free on scrambly sections.
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam hipbelt, shoulder straps and back panel are lightweight and let air flow through to your back.
- Women’s-specific design features a shorter torso length, shoulder straps that are set closer together and a hipbelt shaped to fit curvier hips.
- Seamlessly integrated lumbar pad and hipbelt transfer weight without rubbing.
- Stretch-mesh pockets on the shoulder strap, hip belt, sides and front are easy to access on the go.
- Zippered top pocket has a soft lining to keep your sunglasses scratch-free.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment lets you stash your poles without taking off your pack.
- Dual ice-axe loops and a helmet holder give you multi-sport gear carry options.
- External hydration sleeve accommodates a 3L reservoir (sold separately) and is easy to load and unload without opening the main compartment.
|Ideal for||Day hiking|
|Main fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.