Osprey wants to take the weight off your shoulders. The Talon’s super-comfortable carrying system makes it great for gear-intensive day hikes or minimalist overnights. Handy features include a stow-and-go trekking pole carrying system and an external hydration sleeve. Stretch mesh pockets are easy to access and have plenty of room for snacks, sunscreen and electronics. Pocket on the shoulder strap stashes your GPS for quick navigation info.
- Mesh covered die cut foam hipbelt, shoulder straps and back panel are lightweight and let air flow.
- Seamlessly integrated lumbar pad and hipbelt transfers weight without rubbing.
- Top loading access to the main compartment underneath the fixed lid.
- Stretch mesh pockets on the shoulder strap, hip belt, sides and front are easy to access on the go.
- Zippered lid pockets provide secure storage.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment lets you stash your poles without taking off your pack.
- Dual ice axe loops.
- External hydration sleeve accommodates a 3L reservoir (sold separately) and is easy to load and unload without opening the main compartment.
|Main fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.