Beat the crowds to the viewpoint on your next day hike. With enough room to carry the 10 essentials and then some, the Tempest 30 takes you through dawn-to-dusk missions and minimalist overnights. A ventilated back panel and harness keep the load close to your body for comfortable carrying, but let air in to cool your back. The continuous-wrap hipbelt stabilizes your load to keep you balanced on rocks, logs and ridges, and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments make it easy to go hands-free on scrambly sections.
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam hipbelt, shoulder straps and back panel are lightweight and let air flow through to your back.
- Women’s-specific design features a shorter torso length, shoulder straps that are set closer together and a hipbelt shaped to fit curvier hips.
- Seamlessly integrated lumbar pad and hipbelt transfer weight without rubbing.
- Top loading access to the main compartment underneath the fixed lid.
- Stretch-mesh pockets on the shoulder strap, hip belt, sides and front are easy to access on the go.
- Zippered lid pockets provide secure storage.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment lets you stash your poles without taking off your pack.
- Dual ice-axe loops.
- External hydration sleeve accommodates a 3L reservoir (sold separately) and is easy to load and unload without opening the main compartment.
|Main fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.