Fly through city streets during the week, cruise gravel roads on the weekend. With a solid aluminum frame and fast yet stable wheels, the Square Cross lets you do a bit of everything. Its cushy front shock keeps the ride comfortable over pot-holed pavement or adventurous trails. When it comes time to pick up the pace, you'll love the swiftness of 700C wheels on a lightweight frame. Few things are worse than clunky shifting and ineffective brakes. That's why Ghost opted for a solid assortment of Shimano and Tektro components for reliable, confident performance. Built for versatility and a healthy dose of fun, this nicely equipped ride sets you up right for the two-wheeled life.
- Aluminum frame combines hydroformed and standard tubes to boost comfort and stiffness while keeping the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for responsive performance.
- Front fork with 50mm of travel smooths out rough roads and gravel trails.
- Large 700C knobby tires are stable and smooth.
- Tektro ACC hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Shimano drivetrain is equipped with light, durable components.
- Shimano Dynamo front hub powers the front light without the need for a battery.
- Front and rear fenders keeps you dry on wet commutes.
- Ghost stem, handlebars and seatpost.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Square Cross aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour SF16-NEX DS|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 48-36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Dynamo|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Schwalbe CX Comp 700 x 40|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.