N+1=E. When it's time to add juice to your trail bike, the hybrid Kato S3.9 e-bike provides a smooth boost of energy to cut the time you spend churning up approach roads and lets you squeeze more riding time into a tight schedule. Because beautiful details matter, the narrowed Q-factor and crank positioning make the Kato's biomechanics and stance feel natural and normal for MTB riders. Its Shimano E8000 motor is there to power you up punchy sections and leave something in your legs for the descent. A 1x10 drivetrain uses a Shimano Deore M6000 rear derailleur and a massive 11-42 cassette to transfer torque to the rear wheel. With this gearing setup plus 250 Watts in the tank, you'll have everything you need for steep climbs as well as long rides on rolling terrain.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- SR Suntour XCR AIR LOR front shock with 120mm of travel soaks up bumps and creates a smooth ride.
- 29in. wheels give a smooth ride on rough and rooty trails.
- Shimano E8000 motor provides 250W of assistance.
- Shimano battery has 506Wh of capacity, or up to 100km in range.
- Full battery charge in 5 hours.
- E8000 display unit is also used to customize the system wirelessly via bluetooth.
- Reliable Shimano Deore M6000 rear derailleur and shifter deliver smooth shifting.
- Shimano 38T front chainring combined with the 11-42T 10-speed cassette provides a massive range of gears.
- Magura MT Hydraulic disc brakes with 4 and 2 pistons, front and rear, are paired with massive 203mm rotors.
- Ghost branded hubs are using boost spacing and are laced on 29in. Alex MD25 rims.
- 2.25in. wide Schwalbe Nobby Nic Addix tires are durable all-arounders.
- Selle Italia X-Base saddle blends durability with comfort.
- Ghost stem, bars, and seatpost are durable and light.
- Bikes are covered by MEC’s Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and a meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato S aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR 34 AIR LOR|
|Stem||Ghost AS-M04 35mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 35mm|
|Drive unit||Shimano DU-E8000|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Shimano SC-E8000|
|Charge time||5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Magura MT Trail (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Magura MT Trail|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-E8000 38T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG500 10-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance Addix 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Italia X-Base|