Ghost Lanao FS 2.7 Bicycle - Women's
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
The Ghost Lanao FS 2.7 is a full-suspension ride for women. R&D Engineer Tina Kutschki put a new twist on the straight dropped toptube found on most women’s bikes. The curve in the tube makes the bike safer and easier to stand over, without compromising strength or agility. A 27.5in. wheelset marries the agility of 26 setups with the smoothness of a 29er to create a hyper-nimble, fast-rolling and stable ride. 130mm of silky-smooth suspension in the front and rear soaks up whatever the trail throws your way.
- Hydroformed aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Four Bar Linkage prevents braking forces from diminishing suspension performance, and guarantees maximum pedal efficiency and traction when ascending or descending.
- RST Aerial fork provides enough travel for a wide range of terrain types, and can be locked-out.
- X-Fusion O2 RL rear shock gives you options to adjust the compression and the rebound.
- Shimano Deore rear derailleur has a one-way ratcheting cam that prevents your rear derailleur and chain from bouncing around down tricky lines.
- Shimano Deore drivetrain offers great performance in an affordable package.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide precise stopping power.
- 27.5in. wheels hit the sweet spot between a 29- and 26-inch rig.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Kato FS 27.5 aluminum|
|Fork||RST Aerial Air|
|Rear shock||X-Fusion O2 RL|
|Stem||Ghost AS-GH2 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro ACC (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro ACC|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Deore|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Deore 34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-M5000 10-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Continental X-King 27.5 x 2.2|
|Saddle||Ghost VL 4212 W|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.