Ghost SLAMR X 5.9 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Big travel and an aluminum frame join forces to create something magical: an affordable all-mountain bike that climbs as well as it descends. With the SLAMR X frame, this bike is capable of riding the groomed front side or the rowdy backside of any hill, as its slightly slack geometry brings composure to lines that demand calmness and focus. 150mm of travel front and 145mm rear is a boon if you're looking to tackle ambitious lines. Hitting the mark when it comes to fast-rolling terrain or plowing through roots and rocks, the 29-inch wheelset features Boost spacing and 12 and 15mm thru-axles for flex-free, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. Outfitted with a mix of SRAM, DT Swiss, and Magura components, it's built to be a consistent, reliable all-mountain rig.
- Aluminum frame is light and incredibly durable.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Pressfit BB aids power transfer without adding weight.
- SR Suntour AION 35 fork features 150mm of travel.
- Cane Creek Inline Coil rear shock with 145mm travel and a climbing switch.
- Internal routing keeps cables protected and silky smooth.
- X-Yoke cable routing for a clean look around the bottom bracket and extra protection.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque for greater small-bump responsiveness.
- JD Dropper seatpost uses a cartridge system for seat height adjustment on the fly, with clean internal cable routing.
- DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheelset are lightweight and features a 30mm internal width.
- Boost spacing combined with 12 and 15mm thru-axles provides a stiff and responsive ride.
- SRAM Eagle GX 1x12 drivetrain provides a big range of gears to choose.
- Truvativ Descendant 6K crank with a 32T SRAM Eagle X-Sync ring completes the drivetrain.
- Magura MT brakes harnesses the power of 4-pistons calipers in the front and the modulation of a 2-pistons in the rear.
- Maxxis Minion DHF 3C Maxxterra Exo and DHR II Exo comes in 2.5in and 2.4in respectively.
- SDG Fly saddle is low on weight and comfortable for long days of trail.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost SLAMR X AL aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour Aion RC 35 Boost|
|Rear shock||Cane Creek Double Barrel Inline Coil|
|Stem||Ghost GND 51 35mm|
|Seatpost||JD Dropper Post|
|Handlebars||Ghost GND 51 35mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Magura MT Trail (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Magura MT Trail|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHF 3C MaxxTerra Exo 29 x 2.5 / Maxxis Minion DHR II Exo 29 x 2.4|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.