Ghost Powerkid 12" Bicycle - Children
- Available prices Clearance price $79.99 $79.99
- Original price $149.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
For riders ready to graduate from a run bike to the real thing, the Powerkid 12 gets them rolling right. The included training wheels help build confidence and a strong sense of balance, and can be removed when they're ready for 2-wheeled glory. This might be a kid's bike, but Ghost still opted to equip it with quality parts: a sturdy yet light aluminum frame and smooth-rolling Kenda tires make this ride sweet.
- Ghost 6000 series aluminum frame.
- Removable training wheels.
- Kenda 12 tires.
- Rear coaster brake and front V-brake.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Powerkid 12 aluminum|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Hub (front)||Ghost 12|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.