Excellent for aggressive trail riding. This tire has the same tread pattern as its downhill counterpart, but uses a single-ply casing to reduce weight. With the side knobs of the legendary Minion DHF, but extra wider for support, it corners like no other tire out there. Pair it with a Minion DHF up front for the ultimate aggressive trail riding tire setup!
- 3C Maxx Terra soft compound offers traction, good tread wear, and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip.
- Centre tread has ramped knobs to improve acceleration and sipes for smooth transitions when leaning.
- Paddle-like knobs on the centre tread dig in under hard braking and add control.
- EXO protection reduces the chance of the sidewall cutting.
- 2.4in wide tire has its casing optimized for 30-35mm inner width rims.
The bead holds the tire onto the rim. Beads may be hoops of wire, or made of a flexible material which allows them to be folded compactly. Folding tires are easier to store or pack on trips.
Threads per inch. Tires with a higher TPI tend to be more supple and lighter, with less rolling resistance, but are less durable.