All the features of an adult backpacking pack in a smaller size. The padded hipbelt and shoulder straps let the younger members of the family comfortably carry their own gear on long weekends in the backcountry. The sleeping bag compartment at the bottom has its own zipper, so they can quickly set up their bed and get back to exploring. Plenty of pockets hold extra layers, snacks, water bottles and quick-access raingear, and the integrated raincover means they'll never forget this crucial piece of protection. Plus, the adjustable torso and hipbelt mean the Ace can keep up with annual growth spurts.
- LightWire perimeter frame with HDPE framesheet manage the load (up to 15-20% of your child's bodyweight).
- Padded shoulder straps, hipbelt and back panel have seamless mesh overlays for next-to-skin comfort.
- Torso height and hipbelt wing adjustments let the pack grow with your tween.
- Access the large main compartment via a top drawstring closure.
- Bottom zipper provides access to the sleeping bag compartment. Removable internal divider lets you choose how to organize the interior.
- Floating top lid with 2 pockets is removable.
- Large stretch front pocket is perfect for on-the-go gear or segregating a wet rain jacket.
- Stretch side pockets hold water bottles.
- Zippered hipbelt pockets make it easy to grab snacks.
- Side and front compression straps keep the load stable and balanced.
- A daisy chain and removable sleeping pad straps let you attach extra gear.
- Loop holds an ice axe, trekking pole or fishing rod.
- Hydration-compatible with interior sleeve, port and loops to hold your hose. Reservoir sold separately.
- Includes a lightweight custom-fitted raincover.
- Osprey recommends this pack for hikers age 11-16 heading out on multi-day trips. (This is a recommened age range only. Height and weight may vary from child to child.)
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.