A lightweight, carry-on-sized travel pack for minimalist globetrotters. Durable fabrics in high-wear areas stand up to being strapped to van-taxi roof racks or tossed into Thai long-tails. The padded hipbelt and harness let you comfortably shoulder the load when your itinerary includes a hut-to-hut trek around Mont Blanc or the Milford Track. If you have to gate-check on the way home, the harness and hipbelt quickly stow away behind a zippered panel. Travel-friendly features include lockable zippers, a padded laptop sleeve, and 2 front compression straps that help you slim it down if you've managed to pare down your gear on the road.
- Made of lightweight 210-denier ripstop nylon with strong 600-denier packcloth reinforcements and bottom panel.
- Harness and hipbelt zip behind a panel for protection if you have to check your bag.
- Foam-padded shoulder straps, back panel and hipbelt have soft mesh contact surfaces.
- Padded top and side handles provide comfortable carry in suitcase mode. A removable shoulder strap lets you carry it like a briefcase.
- Large U-shaped zippered opening provides easy access to the main compartment.
- Interior mesh pockets and compression straps keep your stuff organized.
- Padded sleeve holds a 15in. laptop.
- Soft lined pocket protects your sunglasses or electronics.
- Mesh pockets give you easy access to water bottles.
- Main compartment and laptop pocket have lockable zippers.
- External straps let you compress the load.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||600-denier nylon|
Padded sleeve fits most
A padded slot to fit electronics or laptops, it may be partially or fully padded on each side.
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.