MEC Explorer Stretch Shorts - Children
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Comfy for the classroom and tough for the trails, these versatile shorts are a great day-to-day option for budding adventurers. The Explorer Stretch Shorts are made from the same stretchy nylon fabric as our popular men's Mochilero Pants, and provide excellent mobility and UV protection.The pull-on elastic waist makes for quick changes for gym class or swim sessions at the lake.
- Made of stretch-woven nylon and spandex with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed water and dirt.
- Fabric provides a UPF 50+ rating.
- Pull-on elastic waist with faux fly.
- 2 front pockets and a side zippered pocket.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
The Ultraviolet Protection Factor rating indicates how effective a fabric is at blocking out solar ultraviolet radiation.
|40-50+ (Blocks ~97.5% of UVA/UVB)|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.