MEC Annex Rain Jacket - Women's
MEC Annex Rain Jacket - Women's
- Available prices $164.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
The waterproof-breathability of a backcountry jacket, but with enough style for the city. The flattering fit features articulation in the sleeves and a box pleat at the back for extra mobility. This sleek rain jacket is seam-taped with an asymmetrical collar and adjustable hood, so you can confidently head out in windy downpours instead of battling with an inside-out umbrella.
- Polyester face fabric has an internal waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- Recycled polyester drop liner inside for smooth layering.
- Fully seam-taped for when the rain really picks up.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets in case you forget your gloves.
- Internal pocket to securely tuck away small items.
- Shaped cuffs provide extra coverage for the backs of your hands.
- Subtle reflective accents on the back make your nighttime commute a little safer.
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.