MEC Chinook Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $650.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Everything you need to enter the world of cruisy bike lanes, urban excursions, and living the good life on two wheels. At the heart of the Chinook lies a solid aluminum frame that blends comfortable geometry with a responsive ride. Wide yet smooth 35mm tires roll fast, but won't feel sketchy on gravel or dirt roads. On damp days or wintry commutes, you'll appreciate the consistent braking power that comes with disc brakes. We've opted for a selection of Shimano® components and a wide range of gears to keep shifting smooth whether you're churning up hills or cruising country roads.
- Durable 6061-series aluminum frame with butted tubes reduces overall weight.
- 700 x 35mm Kenda Trekking tires roll fast yet are durable enough for dirt roads and light trail use.
- Tektro Novela disc brakes provide good stopping power regardless of weather.
- Wide gearing suits everything from steep hills to fun descents.
- Upright seated position and riser bars provide plenty of comfort.
- Flat MEC Moss pedals are easy to use.
- Ergonomic saddle provides plenty of support and comfort.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything, from the frames to the graphics, is developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Stem||MEC AS-021 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||MEC City Riser 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Novela (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tourney|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Acera|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tourney 48-38-28|
|Bottom bracket||FSA BB-7420ST|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Kenda Trekking 700 x 35|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Freccia|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.