Zero-drop shoes designed to promote a natural, fluid running style. The Escalante is a speed-focused shoe for training runs and race days. Lightweight, but still supportive, it has a generous 25mm stack height. The width of the toe box allows your foot to spread and splay naturally, the way nature intended.
- Breathable knit upper offers a sock-like fit.
- Performance-oriented profile for fast training and racing.
- Zero-drop design encourages a natural running gait.
- Broad toe box allows toes to splay and spread naturally through your stride.
- EVA midsole is soft and responsive.
- Unique outsole pattern is mapped to the bones and tendons of the human foot to promote natural movement.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.