Based on a popular design that works well for climbers, canyoneers and cavers, the Boreo Helmet blends excellent protection with durability. The shell combines hard plastic with light, dense foam to absorb impacts from contact with the rock or from falling stones and ice chunks. This model also offers side impact protection that comes into play if you get flipped upside down in a lead fall or punch through an unstable snow bridge.
- Sold as a pack of 4.
- The material choice makes this helmet very easy to clean.
- Identification with Datamatrix code for quick inspection of product.
- Injection-moulded ABS shell is lightweight and durable.
- Expanded polystyrene and polypropylene liner absorbs impacts from above as well as all sides.
- Comfort foam is quilted and lined with absorbent fabric that's washable.
- Precise headband adjustment with 2 push-buttons and Y-shaped webbing straps that can be adjusted around your ears.
- Headband folds into the shell for storage and transport.
- Headlamp attachment uses 4 sensibly placed clips.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).