Salomon Sonic RA Road Running Shoes - Men's
Your go-to shoe for everyday training. Strikes a balance between cushioning and guidance. Comfortable, carefully crafted and designed for road runners who want lots of happy cushioning.
- Sensifit upper is highly breathable, with seamless construction to hold your foot in place.
- OrthoLite insole for cushioned comfort.
- Vibe midsole technology reduces the fatigue from impact vibrations.
- Geometric decoupling in the outsole allows more natural movement for a smoother transition.
- Outsoles are Wet Traction Contagrip rubber for superb grip.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.