MEC Edge Rock Shoes - Unisex
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Gain an edge on performance without sacrificing comfort. The MEC Edge climbing shoe is built on a flat last with a relaxed heel. It's great for emerging climbers looking for their first pair of shoes, or seasoned climbers needing an all-day option. The supportive midsole helps you edge and balance while you develop strength and technique, and the sticky Altum rubber lasts through long gym sessions.
- Microfibre upper is comfortable for all-day wear and won't stretch out.
- Dual strap closure give you a secure fit.
- Flat toe profile and slight asymmetry offers comfort for developing climbers.
- Stiff midsole supports feet on small footholds without compromising sensitivity.
- Altum rubber sole is designed for durability and grip on plastic or real rock.
- Members typically downsize 1.5-2 sizes (performance fit) or 0.5-1 sizes (comfort fit) from their street shoe size.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Outsoles||4mm MEC Altum|
How to measure