A compact touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay easily slides onto roof racks and into garages, yet still has enough space to hold everything you need for a weekend escape. If you’re new to paddling, you’ll be reassured by this boat’s stability. If you’re more experienced, you’ll appreciate its excellent edging and carving. This super-affordable inland/coastal cruiser has a contoured seat with a floating backrest for even more luxury.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline length and squared-off stern provide steady speed.
- Roomy cockpit for comfort and thigh grips for control.
- Notches on the foredeck hold your paddle as you grab a snack or take photos.
- Deck rigging holds spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- Supple rubber hatch covers are exceptionally watertight.
- Drop-down skeg lets you select easy turning or hard tracking, as conditions require.
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|89 x 48cm (35 x 19in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|