A fantastic all-rounder, the Swift rope meets testing standards for a single, half or twin rope. The dry treatment meets the UIAA water repellent standards and it's PFC-free. A great option if you're looking for a skinny redpointing rope or for a single rope to use for alpine routes.
- Thermo Shield treatment gives it excellent handling properties, a supple feel and an impressive strength rating.
- EcoDry finish makes this rope durably water-repellent and dirt-resistant without the use of PFCs.
- Meets UIAA standard water-repellent test, meaning this rope is fast-drying, absorbs virtually no water and resists freezing.
- 3D lap coiled so you can use it straight away without kinking or tangling.
- Meets testing standards to certify it as a single, half or twin.
- Specs shown are for use as a single rope.
- When used as a half rope, the specs are as follows: Dynamic elongation: 30% Static elongation: 8.6% Impact force: 6.7kN UIAA fall rating: 22
- When used as a twin rope, the specs are as follows (based on tests with 2 strands): Dynamic elongation: 28% Static elongation: 5.3% Impact force: 10.4kN UIAA fall rating: 22
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
|Dry (UIAA certified)|
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
In controlled tests, a weight is suspended from the rope (not dropped). Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
|Halfway pattern change||No|
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.
|Product sustainability||Certified Bluesign® Product|