A rough-weather version of the hugely popular Hubba Hubba Tent from MSR. The Hubba Tour uses the same basic shape and gives it the addition of an absolutely massive vestibule – with twice the interior volume of the tent itself. Taking its weather readiness a step further, MSR put the poles on the outside to make a defensive exoskeleton that allows you to set up the tent in the rain without getting the interior fabric wet. Other smart features include a partial floor in the vestibule for keeping gear dry, lots of interior pockets and a waterproof coating on the fly and floor that lasts up to 3 times longer than standard coatings. A fantastic new option for bikepackers, cycle tourers, or backpackers who might encounter some challenging weather.
- Floor and fly are made of ultralight ripstop nylon with MSR's proprietary Xtreme Shield coating that lasts up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Unified rain fly and tent body let you set up in the rain without getting the inside of the tent wet.
- Exoskeleton poles are made of light and strong 7000 series aluminum.
- Huge hooped vestibule gives you a protected area for gear storage, changing or just hanging out.
- Partial floor in the vestibule keeps your gear dry.
- Internal mesh panels and kick stand vents let outside air in to reduce condensation.
- A large mesh pocket in the vestibule plus more inside the tent keep you organized.
- Internal loops let you install your own gear loft (not included) or rig up a clothesline.
- Glow in the dark zipper pulls are easy to spot at night.
- Lots of guy out points for security in blustery conditions.
- Includes a side loading storage bag with compression straps so the tent takes up less space in your pack or pannier.
- Compatible with the MSR Universal 1 Large footprint (sold separately).
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.96m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||2.32sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.