Totally waterproof and moderately breathable, the Aquanator is an all-rounder for rainy season walks or for wet-weekend campouts. The waterproof-breathable fabric keeps you from getting wet or feeling clammy during moderate activity and underarm zips add venting if you end up working a little harder.
- Made of lightweight yet durable 40-denier nylon with a Pertex Shield waterproof breathable coating.
- Unlined 2.5-layer construction keeps it lightweight and packable.
- Fully taped seams keep wetness from seeping in.
- Attached hood is adjustable with rear toggle. Laminated brim sheds rain away from your face.
- Full-length front zipper has a storm flap for extra protection.
- Chin guard is lined with soft fleece.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Underarm zips let you vent heat when you're working hard.
- Cuffs are adjustable with hook-and-loop closures.
- Shockcord adjustable hem is slightly dropped in the back for more rear coverage.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|