This recreational touring kayak combines exceptional stability with expedition boat features, so when you’re ready for overnight trips and maybe some rough water, the Compass SR is ready too. The hull shape is fast, tracks well and turns on a dime. It's lighter than a full-on touring boat, so it's easy to carry, but has enough room for your overnight gear. An Ergonomic cockpit and 5-way adjustable seat are comfortable, even for the extra-long days.
- Updated ultralight ABS construction is 5.5kg lighter than previous versions.
- Comfort-plus seating system make long trip a pleasure.
- Recessed deck fittings reduce drag and hang-ups.
- Paddler-side line lets you raise or lower the rudder without having to turn to face the rear deck.
- Waterproof bow and stern hatches have hard outer covers and routable shockcords to hold improvised covers (in case you lose one).
- Day hatch is accessible from the cockpit even with sprayskirt attached.
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 8in.)|
The depth of the boat at the front of the cockpit, measured from the inside bottom of the boat to the inside top.
|Internal cockpit dimensions||78 x 42cm (30.7 x 16½in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|86 x 51cm (34 x 20in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.