Built from the ground up to be the ultimate commuter tool. The Stromer ST1 e-bike is the key to avoiding gridlock and showing up at work without getting soaked in sweat. Running late? Need a boost on the hills? Choose the level of pedal assist you want from the controls on the handlebar cockpit. It comes with a powerful 500-Watt motor that accelerates fast, boosts your hill-climbing muscle and gives you up to 100km of range. With the motor built-in to the rear wheel, the design bypasses the drivechain and reduces overall wear and tear. A torque sensor analyzes effort and adjusts the amount of assistance. When braking, the system recaptures energy and feeds it back to the battery to extend charge and limit wear on the discs. When you need to charge it up, the battery is removable so you can bring it inside to plug in (a full charge takes about 3.5 hours). Equipped with a rack and fenders, you can bring home up to 17kg of groceries and fly along wet, dark streets without catching spray off the wheels. For extra comfort and to reduce fatigue, Schwalbe Big Ben tires and a carbon fork soak up bumps and vibration from potholes or uneven pavement.
- Frame is lightweight aluminum 6061 alloy.
- Elite Comfort frame has a lowered top-tube for ease of getting on and off.
- Carbon fork blends sleek lines with stiffness and durability.
- Oversize tubes offers stability and sturdiness required for this high-performance bike.
- Bar mounted display unit and controller allows for on-the-fly assistance adjustments and information access.
- Customizable torque sensor sensitivity and motor braking to match your riding style.
- Regenerative braking mode makes the most of long downhill by reducing disc brake wear while charging your battery.
- Tektro Dorado disc brakes features motor inhibitors and activate regenerative braking.
- 500W motor with 40N torque provides fast acceleration.
- 522Wh lithium-ion battery provides up to 100km of assistance and is locked in the frame with a coded key (weighs 2.9kg).
- Replaceable battery can be charged on or off the bike.
- FSA Crank with 42T and 11-32T cassette is at home on hills or flat sections.
- Shimano Sora drivetrain provides crisp, reliable shifting.
- Custom 26in. wheels are built to last.
- Busch+Müller Lumotec IQ Fly front light and Toplight Mini rear light keeps you visible.
- Sturdy pannier rack has a carrying capacity of up to 17kg.
- Alloy fenders offer wet-weather protection.
- Kickstand for easy storage.
- Charging time of about 3.5 hours.
|Fork||Stromer ST1 carbon|
|Drive unit||Stromer Mountain 33|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Stromer ST1|
|Charge time||3.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||33km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||500W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Dorado (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Dorado|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Sora|
|Crank + rings||Stromer 42T|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG30 9-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Big Ben 26 x 2.15|
|Saddle||Stromer Custom Comfort|