Built from the ground up to be the ultimate commuter tool. The Stromer ST1X e-bike is the key to avoiding gridlock and showing up at work without getting soaked in sweat. Running late? Need a boost on the hills? Choose the level of pedal assist you want from the controls on the handlebar cockpit. It comes with a powerful 500-Watt motor that accelerates fast, boosts your hill-climbing muscle and gives you up to 120km of range. With the motor built-in to the rear wheel, the design bypasses the drivechain and reduces overall wear and tear. A torque sensor analyzes effort and adjusts the amount of assistance. When braking, the system recaptures energy and feeds it back to the battery to extend charge and limit wear on the discs. When you need to charge it up, the battery is removable so you can bring it inside to plug in (a full charge takes about 4 hours). MyStromer App allows you to connect to the Omni bike control unit and customize your bike’s behaviour, show its location, lock the rear wheel, and manage the theft-mode, as long as it's in cellular network range – no subscription needed. Equipped with a rack and fenders, you can bring home up to 17kg of groceries and fly along wet, dark streets without catching spray off the wheels. For extra comfort and to reduce fatigue, Schwalbe Big Ben tires soak up bumps and vibration from potholes or uneven pavement.
- Frame is lightweight aluminum 6061 alloy.
- Lowered top-tube on the Comfort model for easy mounting and dismounting.
- Fork blends sleek lines with stiffness and durability.
- Oversize tubes offer the stability and sturdiness of a high-performance bike.
- Display unit in top tube features touch-screen to access bike settings and ride data.
- Bar-mounted assistance controller adjusts on-the-fly.
- MyStromer App connects to your ST1 X and allows tracking, customization, locking and activation of theft-mode.
- Communication between your phone and your bike uses the included lifetime cellular connection.
- Customizable profile adjusts torque and motor braking to match your riding style.
- Regenerative braking mode makes the most of long downhill by reducing disc brake wear while charging your battery.
- Tektro Dorado disc brakes features motor inhibitors and activate regenerative braking.
- 500W motor with 35N torque provides fast acceleration and high top-speed.
- 618Wh lithium-ion battery provides up to 120km of assistance and is locked in the frame with a coded key (weighs 3.2kg).
- Battery is replaceable and can be charged on or off the bike.
- FSA Crank with 52T combined with 11-42T cassette is at home on hills or flats.
- Shimano SLX drivetrain provides crisp, reliable shifting.
- Custom 26in. wheels are double-walled and built to last.
- Roxim X4 EP-ST front light and Busch+Müller Toplight Mini rear light keeps you visible.
- Sturdy pannier rack has a carrying capacity of up to 17kg.
- Alloy fenders protect you from wet weather.
- Kickstand for easy storage.
- Bike firmware automatically upgrades via cellular network, no subscription required.
- Charge time of about 4 hours with the CR190 charger included.
|Frame||Aluminum 6061 alloy|
|Fork||Stromer ST1 X aluminum|
|Drive unit||Stromer Cyro Drive|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Stromer OMNI|
|Charge time||4 h|
|Max assisted speed||45km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||500W|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Dorado (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Dorado|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX|
|Crank + rings||FSA Omega 52T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Big Ben 26 x 2.15|
|Saddle||Stromer Custom Sport|